Saturday, August 20, 2011

Food Waste & Meal Planning

Running a day behind... it was my sister's birthday yesterday and we went over to her house to celebrate which involved a chaotic day of trying to organize everyone while I attempted to get work done, and then much shuffling of kids to grandparents.  We had fun though!

No food waste picture this week, but we did throw out a couple of slices of salami that went green, and some blueberries.  I need to get better at baking with the blueberries when I first buy them so that they don't go off before we have a chance to use them.

Saturday

Burgers
Fries
Baked beans
Cut up veggies


Sunday (my family is coming over for late lunch, so we'll eat the leftovers for dinner):
Buttermilk fried chicken
Potato salad (My mom is bringing)
Green salad with ranch dressing
Watermelon
Chocolate cake

Monday
Souvlaki pork chops
Grilled peppers
Naan w/ tzatziki

Tuesday
Pancakes / toast
Sausages
Eggs
Roasted tomatoes

Wednesday
Apricot lime glazed chicken breasts
Cilantro lime rice
Salad

Thursday
Spaghetti and meatballs
Focaccia bread
Caesar salad


No comments:

Post a Comment