Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Decluttering update!

I'm on a roll now!  Instead of adding a storage cupboard, I eliminated two!  Plus I have more than entire van load to go the Salvation Army.  My kids even got in on the action and got two garbage bags of toys out of their play area.  Already the cleaning is becoming easier around here with less stuff.  This is addictive!


Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

 After:

Before:

 After:

Before:

 After:

Before:

 After:

Before:

 After:

Before:

 After:

It feels so good to be making process and moving towards our goal of a more simple lifestyle.  We will never be minimalists to the point of owning only 100 things each, but my goal is that we will get to the point where we don't save things "just in case" and everything in our home is useful, used, and loved.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the organizing and decluttering! When I first wanted to start downsizing my stuff, it was so hard figuring out where to begin. But once you do, it DOES become addicting! We met the culmination of our decluttering when we decided to sell/give away nearly everything and up and move to Costa Rica. We don't have kids yet but we do have one on the way, so he has a piece of luggage too. Keep up the good work - it feels so good to release old attachments to stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the coolest part of this is that you have furniture that you decluttered that is now COMPLETELY empty! How often do you see that as an example when people declutter? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete