Thursday, September 8, 2011

Coming up for air

Whew - I swear I will get back into my blogging routine soon!  It has been wild and crazy around here the past week with both of my boys starting school and trying to get settled into routines.

Nick also has been moved projects at work which has caused a bit of confusion around here.  His new work schedule is going to be 10 hour days, 4 days a week, so he'll get every Friday off!  It's going to be looong days though (he needs to wake up at 4:30am, yuck!)  And this project could involve a lot of overtime, which on the one hand is YAY! and on the other hand a lot of BOO!  We have to be grateful for all the income we can bring in, but it certainly is busy around here.  Nick earns a heck of a lot more than I do though, so if he's doing OT I can relax a bit on my end.

I am having a VERY difficult time keeping up any semblance of a work day.  I did not meet my $1200 target for this pay cheque, I fell about $200 short :(  Hopefully now that the craziness of the first week of school has died down that will get better.

We also came to the conclusion that Tristan really needed to be involved in more activities.  Tristan had told us that he decided he didn't want to be in Beavers, so we felt it was best to respect his decision.  He claimed it was because he was "shy" - if you know us personally, you know that this is soooo far from the truth.  Tristan is the type of child will strike up a conversation with each and every person he passes walking through the grocery store.   So after much debate, Nick and I felt we should push him out of his comfort zone a little bit, which unfortunately meant pushing our budget a bit out of our comfort zone.  We signed Tristan up for Broadway Show Choir, Beavers, and Art Classes.  They are pricey (like ouch pricey), but in the end we want was is best for our kids, and he really needs to have his time filled up in a way that I cannot do entirely on my own.  I spoke with my mother-in-law tonight and she said she would love to help out, so we'll see what comes from that.

I promise I will back tomorrow with our budget, right now I need to go have some quality time with my pillow.  Nick's brother's family is coming to visit this weekend so it's going to be busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment